KPU is seeking to hire a permanent fulltime Payroll Officer. The Payroll Officer ensures documentation submitted to the payroll services for payment of employees complies with established payroll and accounting principles, practices and standards and to calculate, process and produce employees pay cheques.
A detailed job description can be found below:
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• A Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation from the Canadian Payroll Association plus completion of the first year of an accounting/business program at an accredited post-secondary institute and three years current, related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of integrated computer payroll, human resources and accounting systems.
• Understanding of collective agreement, policy and statutory requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to work with minimum of supervision, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the use of common PC applications software such as spreadsheet, database and word processing such as Banner, MS Office (Advanced Excel experience), Sharepoint.
• Proven ability to communicate courteously and effectively in English in person, in writing and over the telephone with faculty, staff, administrators, auditors, Ministry and agency officials and the public.
• Proven ability to recognize, analyse and resolve problems.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to develop, establish, and maintain effective working with a wide variety of University employees and with external agencies.
• Demonstrated ability to compose routine and non-routine correspondence and reports.
The pay range for this position is $24.28/hour to $27.11/hour. In addition, KPU offers a competitive benefits package.