Working under general supervision, the Product Specialist assists in the development and maintenance of insurance products and underwriting policies that support and promote corporate strategies for Personal Insurance.
• Analyze and implement product and rate reviews to ensure that our rates are competitive and that appropriate premiums are charged
• Conduct research and develop innovative and competitive products to meet our customer needs
• Participate in the development and presentation of product training programs to a variety of audiences
• Participate in the development and maintenance of underwriting guidelines and procedures
• Provide risk acceptance approvals to regional underwriters while sharing knowledge and best practices
• Develop and enhance productive business relationships by liaising with internal and external stakeholders
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum of five years Property and Casualty industry experience
• Completion of post-secondary education
• Actively working towards a Property and Casualty industry designation
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to conduct detailed analysis of information, and to select and implement best solutions in a timely manner
• Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate at the right level for the audience and present information or arguments in a convincing manner
• Strong planning and organizing skills with the ability to prioritize daily task
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to identify relevant information and potential impactsWawanesa provides its employees with a respectful , challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, goal achievement plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.